Sunday, June 10, 2007

Everything I learned about bathroom cleaning, I learned at Harvard

That above statement is completely true. I've never been so glad to have done Dorm Crew as when I was scrubbing down the bathroom tiles of my new apartment. (Landlord: We cleaned it! Look how clean it is. Later: I watch grubby water run down the tile walls...)

So, yes, I've moved out of Beida to the wonder and craziness of living within the 2nd ring road of Beijing. I am right next to old hutongs / new business buildings / the Olympic Media Center / dirty wangbas / spas and salons that may or may not be dodgy / and exercise-loving men and women who love to play badminton at 6:30am. It's a bundle of joy.

No, honestly, I quite like living here. I quite also like my new job, esp. when we spend much time buying Olympic tickets online / going for walks to mango shaved ice / having long random lunches / being otherwise silly. No, but we work too, and the work's great. General positive enthusiasm on all fronts!

That's all for now because the mosquitoes have sapped away much of my blood & willpower to continue.

No comments: